Subject: ftp/anoncvs mirror
To: None <regional-nyc@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 07/28/2007 11:14:35
--TYecfFk8j8mZq+dy

Hello all,

So anoncvs2.us.netbsd.org and ftp8.us.netbsd.org (which used to be
hosted at Stevens) have been unreliable/out of sync for a while now and
are likely to just go away for reasons beyond my control.

I still think it would be nice to have an anoncvs mirror on the East
Coast, though, and NYCBug has offered several times in the past to
physically host the machine in their cabinet at NYI.  But we'd have to
provide the machine and of course admin services.

I don't mind setting things up and being in charge of the machine, but
not being in NY at the time, I'd need remote hands every once in a blue
moon.  Well, and of course we'd need a machine.

Does anybody have

(a) a beefy enough machine to donate?
(b) willingness to throw in some money to get one?
(c) objections or alternatives?

-Jan

--=20
Except most of the good bits were about frogs, I remember that.
You would not believe some of the things about frogs.

--TYecfFk8j8mZq+dy

--TYecfFk8j8mZq+dy--