Subject: Re: NYCBSDCon table-sitters?
To: None <regional-nyc@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 10/19/2006 10:23:40
James K. Lowden wrote:
> Johnny Lam wrote:
>> we have no CDs or flyers to hand out, so I
>> would guess we would just be displaying hardware running NetBSD.  Does
>> anyone have any interest in manning a NetBSD table?  If so, what
>> hardware can you bring?
>
> It's an interesting question: Given time and resources, how *should*
> NetBSD present itself at the NYCBSD?  I guess it's an advocacy question,
> because I don't see how
>
> 	BEER
>
> is involved, making it, I know, off-topic for this list.  Apologies.

Do not despair!  The NetBSD beer stein (from our CafePress store) will
be making an appearance at the con :-)

FWIW, I wish that I given this more forethought and planning, but
there's not much to do about it now.  I'm going to bring about $500
worth of stuff bought from the CafePress store to the con to give away,
but no CDs and stuff like that.  The audience is too savvy to need
install CDs anyway.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>