Subject: Re: VOIP at home?
To: Andrew Brown <At.Brown@morganstanley.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 10/15/2003 10:49:49
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Andrew Brown wrote:

> (1) when was the last time your internet stopped working?

When I went into a tunnel.

> (2) when was the last time your power stopped working?

When my battery ran out.

> (3) when was the last time your phone stopped working?

When I went into a tunnel.

(BTW, VOIP is getting pretty darn popular here in Japan, mostly due to
the high cost of phone calls. (Even local phone calls are metered, and
they can be more expensive than long distance calls in the U.S.) Most
DSL providers will now provide VOIP service, and give you a modem/router
that includes a standard analogue phone jack. 24 Mbps DSL + VOIP runs
something less than US$60/month.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org