Subject: Re: Suggest a name, win free beers
To: None <regional-nyc@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 05/29/2003 18:23:36
"Lindgren, Jon" <Jon.Lindgren@gs.com> wrote:
> So, I'm on a team developing some core framework/infrastructure for front
> end apps here at Golden Snacks (PM).  Aside from all of that mediocre design
> stuff, we have the much more important task of giving the framework we
> create a snappy, spiffy name.

"Grap"

It's objectable -- "The Grap" "we have to add it to The Grap" "Get a
Grap".

It's verbable -- "grap that" "grapable" "grapify"

It's jokable -- "what a grappy design"

It's fluff -- no meaning, that should score pointie-haired-boss points.

It sounds like something that could be anything, be it bulky, fast, big,
small, slinky (?).

I rest my case.

-Jan

--
Tradition is the illusion of permanence. -- Woody Allen