Regional-london archive

Re: An Evening on the theme of FPGAs

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 02, 2020 at 06:07:57PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>> It wasn't very expensive to get one of these obsolete commercial systems
>> shipped to the UK. I had seen a link to the speaker's github projects.
>>
>> Haven't done anything with it yet though, or made any plans to put a
>> softcore CPU in it that could run NetBSD.
>
>I got a few too, was thinking about LM32 or Leon - but of course haven't
>had any time since they arrived ;-)

The speaker has put Leon in one of these cheap systems.

I have run NetBSD on LM32 using qemu and have built FPGA images
containing it for one of my dev boards. I stopped work on this at the
point where I needed to either write an ethernet driver for a *really*
primitive controller or replace the controller with something better.