Regional-london archive

Re: June 19 (and pkgsrcCon)

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Amitai Schlair <schmonz%schmonz.com@localhost>
wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 3:29 AM, Justin Cormack
> <justin%specialbusservice.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 5:59 AM, Amitai Schlair
>> <schmonz%schmonz.com@localhost> wrote:
>>> I'm coming to London for pkgsrcCon next month. If you're already in the
>>> area, please consider attending. It's small, free, informal, and fun. More
>>> details: http://www.pkgsrc.org/pkgsrcCon/2014/
>>>
>>> In any case, who's up for drinks on Thursday evening the 19th? And where
>>> shall we have them?
>>
>> Excellent, welcome (soon) to London. Thursday 19th sounds good. Where
>> abouts are you staying? Guessing that people may be staying all over
>> so somewhere slightly north/central makes most sense...
>
> Apologies, I seem not to have replied to this! I'll be staying in
> Hendon (within walking distance of pkgsrcCon at Middlesex).  I'm happy
> to meet anywhere. Who would like to make an executive decision about
> Thursday?

I was thinking the Doric Arch, which is by Euston station. I was going
to check it out when I am near there on Wednesday, but I think it may
be a good combination of convenient location whether from Hendon or
elsewhere, plus it does not get too busy and has good beer.

http://doric-arch.co.uk/

(otherwise near there the Bree Louis and the Euston Tap are both
excellent, but both get very crowded)

Justin