Regional-london archive

Re: [Ukfreebsd] proposed *BSD meet in London, late June

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Mark Blackman wrote:

This turned out to be a very warm evening as advertised and much
beer was consumed in the pursuit of happiness, but we seemed to
have failed to lure the Cambridge crowd down after all.

I'm sorry I had to leave quite early last night - the MD of one of the firms I work for had his MacBook stolen when their office was broken into on Tuesday night and there was a big panic as he wasn't sure if any server login passwords were saved in sftp/ftp clients, etc. Changing about 100 passwords is not really the sort of thing I'd want to do on a smartphone whilst standing in a pub doorway! Shame as it was a nice evening.

Look forward to another meeting in late July, and I'll be
attempting to arrange a venue for a technical presentation
for that meeting as we've had both Owain Ainsworth and James
O'Gorman volunteer to do presentations.

Next time I'll leave all my phones at home...

cheers, Andy