Subject: Re: BBC petition
To: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
From: Cherry G. Mathew <cherry.g.mathew@gmail.com>
List: regional-london
Date: 11/13/2007 18:03:13
On Nov 6, 2007 6:42 AM, Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net> wrote:
> Matthias Scheler wrote:
> >       Hello,
> >
> > may I point people at this petition?
> >
> >       "More than 400 UK Linux users read the BBC sites"
> >       http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/linuxbbc?e
> >
> > Getting Linux supported by the BBC's video service is probably our best
> > chance to be able to use it with NetBSD.
> >
> >       Kind regards
> >

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2007/11/linux_figures_1.html
>
> adrian.

Slightly off topic, but equally important:

https://www.healthspace.nhs.uk/cbintroduction.aspx

The NHS Choose and book system to book doctors' appointments politely
feigns sorrow at being unable to support my firefox on NetBSD/ Opera
on linux-emul browser. It turns out that the only browser they support
is Internet Explorer on MS Windows. They do not even support firefox
on Windows! That's like saying, if you'd like a doctor's appointment,
you need to drive up to the clinic in a blue Ford mustang, or we won't
see you. Ridiculous!

Later,

--
~Cherry