Subject: Re: London meet
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: regional-london
Date: 06/13/2007 19:51:46
On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 02:07:24PM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> >Right, Londoners, we can't let the Cambs have all the fun, it's about
> >time we had a get-together ourselves.
>
> Hey, our only fun is debating it - we never actually meet. As they say,
> planning is half the fun :-)
>
> >I'm on holiday next week, but some time after that would be cool.  I'll
> >no longer be coming in from the M4 so happy if people want to have a
> >change from Chiswick (Porterhouse in Covent Garden anyone?)
>
> Expensive!

Not as much as the last London meeting which cost me a new bicycle!
I'd managed to miss the last train to Cambridge, got a train to Hitchin,
cycled back to the center of Cambridge and stopped for a(nother) rest.
Someone stole my old bicycle while I was sat 6ft from it - had to walk
the last 6 miles home.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk