Subject: NetBSD compatible (Ultra)SPARC hardware available
To: None <regional-london@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: regional-london
Date: 06/11/2006 20:19:27
	Hello,

in an attempt to reduce my collection of old workstations which is getting
out of hand a bit I've got two machines to offer:

1.) SPARCstation LX (for free)

    This machine served as my firewall running NetBSD for many years without
    any problems. I only had to replace it with a faster (and unfortunately
    noisier) SPARCstation 20 because the LX couldn't handle my new 8Mb/sec
    Max DSL line at full speed. It will however handle DSL upto 2Mb/s without
    problems.

    The machine comes with 96MB of memory (the hardware limit unless you
    are willing to ignore Sun's recommendations), a 4GB IBM SCSI drive,
    another 4GB IBM SCSI drive as spare part and a SBus QFE card (quad
    fast ethernet card) to provide extra network ports. Keyboard and
    mouse are not included, the machine supports serial console very well.

2.) Tadpole Voyager (not for free)

    This is a rare machine. It's similar to a ULTRA5 workstation but comes
    in a 33x26x11cm black case. It's got a 440MHz UltraSPARC IIi CPU,
    512MB main memory, an onboard ATI graphic chip, 4 5GB IBM 2.5" IDE disks,
    a PCI and two Cardbus slots. The machine has connectors for Sun and PS/2
    keyboard and mice. No keyboard or mouse is included in the offer.
    The machine also supports serial console very well.

    The machine runs NetBSD fine. I could however not get it to boot NetBSD
    from a RAIDframe RAID 1 volume which is most likely a software and
    not hardware problem.

    I'm not sure what I want for the machine (I didn't get it for free
    myself). A Wrap or Soekris machine to replace my noisy firewall would
    be great. But I'm open for other offers including money. :-)

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/