Subject: Japanese QT
To: None <regional-jp@NetBSD.org>
From: David E Larsson <david.e.l@home.se>
List: regional-jp
Date: 03/01/2005 02:37:15
Hi.

I'd like to know what I need to do to get QT to support japanese fonts. The precompiled package doesn't seem to support it. Can I tell pkgsrc to add support japanese fonts somehow? I have used KDE in Gentoo earlier and learned and loved kiten in KDE. I'd really like to do the same in NetBSD.

Also, if I have got it right, there's a way to use japanese input in general in KDE as one can use in kiten, with shift+space to switch between english or romaji and hiragana/katakana input. How can I do that?

I have searched much for info on this, but all I can find is in japanese, and I can't read that... yet. So if there are any nice tutorials on how to set up things like that, I'd really like to know.

Thanks!

David