Subject: Re: Swapmeet?
To: Joachim Thiemann <jthiem@tsp.ece.mcgill.ca>
From: Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
List: regional-ca
Date: 02/09/2005 15:01:04
On 9 Feb 2005 at 10:28, Joachim Thiemann wrote:

> Hello everyone...
>
> I was about to post (or actually am about to post) another "free
> NetBSD-capable HW" message, I was thinking: Would anyone in the
> Montreal/Ottawa region be interested in getting a HW swapmeet / NetBSD
> BoF event happening (or elsewhere in Canada, of course, but I am kinda
> stuck here in Montreal)?

> Although regional-ca is (surprisingly)
> quiet, I imagine there are quite a number of NetBSD users around, I
> think it'd be fun and trade warstories over a pint or two... (I know
> there was a (Net?)BSD pizza event in Ottawa at some point)

That BSD pizza event is part of http://www.ocuug.on.ca/, and it's a
monthly event, second Thursday of each month.  While we happen to
have a large interest in BSD, it's not a requirement.

> (However a swapmeet would probably work best sometime past April...
> snow&ice tend to disagree with most HW...)

Early May sounds like a good time.  Perhaps the second weekend,
around BSDCan....  ;)
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/