Subject: Swapmeet?
To: None <regional-ca@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Thiemann <jthiem@tsp.ece.mcgill.ca>
List: regional-ca
Date: 02/09/2005 10:28:10
Hello everyone...

I was about to post (or actually am about to post) another "free
NetBSD-capable HW" message, I was thinking: Would anyone in the
Montreal/Ottawa region be interested in getting a HW swapmeet / NetBSD
BoF event happening (or elsewhere in Canada, of course, but I am kinda
stuck here in Montreal)?  Although regional-ca is (surprisingly) quiet,
I imagine there are quite a number of NetBSD users around, I think it'd
be fun and trade warstories over a pint or two... (I know there was a
(Net?)BSD pizza event in Ottawa at some point)

(However a swapmeet would probably work best sometime past April...
snow&ice tend to disagree with most HW...)

That being said, now for the free stuff - there's a Mac Quadra 700 up
for grabs for anyone willing to pick it up from McGill.  And I still
have a Sparc LX looking for a good home; both come with monitor,
keyboard & mouse.  The Sparc is running NetBSD 1.6, the Quadra still
has MacOS 7, but it's one of the models that can run NetBSD/mac68k.

Joe.