Subject: Seeking sysadmin and/or tech-support contacts in Melbourne
To: None <regional-au@NetBSD.org>
From: Sot <sot@bigpicturepeople.com.au>
List: regional-au
Date: 04/26/2007 15:52:17
This would most likely be relevant only to those in Melbourne.

Would anyone know of, or happen to be, a member of a technical support
group interested in providing system administration and technical
support on an as-needed basis for a computing environment, which
consists of two NetBSD/i386 servers and a handful of Windows XP desktop
computers?

The desktop computers are a mix of Windows XP Professional and Windows
XP Home Edition, operating in standalone (workgroup?) mode.  One of the
NetBSD/i386 servers is using Samba to provide file services only, to the
local Windows desktops as well as to a small number of Windows desktops
at a remote location through a VPN.  The other NetBSD/i386 server exists
primarily to assist with the nightly data backups.

The site is located in Melbourne's western suburbs.

Not really sure where to begin looking, so I thought I'd begin by asking
those with an interest or involvement with NetBSD.  I'm guessing that
there's an abundance of people who could provide Windows support, but
probably not as many who could provide UNIX/BSD/Linux support as well.
Any information would be appreciated.  If anyone has any questions, let
me know.

Sot.