Subject: Re: go the reds!
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: regional-au
Date: 06/13/2003 11:33:50
On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 10:40:56AM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
  | hey, to be mildly on topic, Wasabi used to have some 'swing' with
  | Weasel didn't they? Any chance of making them do a PCI2 version
  | of the card? We badly need to fit them into some Dells running in
  | HK/JP/KR locations, and having to add a daughter card to get a PCI1
  | riser is royal PITA.

Not so much as ``Wasabi has some 'swing' with Weasel'' as
``Luke (and Simon & Matt) are good friends with the guys who do Weasel''
:)

If you presented them with a P.O. for a couple of hundred units they'd
build them for you; someone has to cover the startup costs for a new
PCB, and I believe that past experience has made them wary from people
saying "if you did XXX I'd buy 100's" and then when "XXX" is done,
said people don't buy any let alone 100's...

Luke.