Port-zaurus archive

Re: Advice on Zaurus

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Chris Wareham wrote:

Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:11:35 +0000
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham%chriswareham.demon.co.uk@localhost>
To: port-zaurus%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: Advice on Zaurus

Dear list,

I'm interested in buying a Zaurus to run NetBSD on from Conics.Net
(http://conics.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=153). I
was wondering if someone could tell me whether I should add any of extra
options, or if the basic package will be sufficient. Specifically, I'm
wondering whether the wireless LAN card is supported by NetBSD.

Chris

Wireless Lan is supported on NetBSD both as a CF card or USB.
As long as the chipset is supported by NetBSD it should work.
I would recommend you get any of the devices listed in wi(4)
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi/man?wi+4+NetBSD-current

Remember this port is still very much a work in progress.

Jaime Fournier
ober%netbsd.org@localhost