Port-zaurus archive

Re: Advice on Zaurus

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Chris Wareham wrote:

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:49:31 +0000
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham%chriswareham.demon.co.uk@localhost>
To: port-zaurus%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: Advice on Zaurus

Dear list,

I'm interested in buying a Zaurus to run NetBSD on from Conics.Net
(http://conics.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=153). I
was wondering if someone could tell me whether I should add any of extra
options, or if the basic package will be sufficient. Specifically, I'm
wondering whether the wireless LAN card is supported by NetBSD.

Chris

Yes wireless lan works. I am currently using a wi(4) compact flash card.
There are a couple of issues with bpf still so dhcp is having issues, but
hardcoding ip seems to work fine.

I am still working on an install procedure, but I can probably get something out that gets you up and running. Beware this is a very new port so there are a few things that do not work yet. Check the port page for specifics.