Re: annual howto rampage

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> writes:

> Well, AFAIK PVH uses the HVM hardware extention to virtualise the pagetables.
> I don't have x86 host without VT-X anymore so I can't really test this.

ok.  the text now reflects that "it is theoretically required but i386
pvh/pvshim seems ok anyway"

>> Regarding your tests:
>>
>>   I don't see PVHVM mode.  Is that because it doesn't work, or because
>>   you just don't, or ?
>
> HVM tests are really PVHVM, as GENERIC includes the PV drivers and there's no
> real way to disable the PV drivers at the xl level (AFAIK)

ah, makes senes.

How does the dom0 withdraw the non-pv disk in pvhvm mode, and how does
it know to do so?

>>   The test code to run various modes is great howto fodder.  Is that in
>>   a repo I can point to?
>
> No it's just a script calling anita. I can share it if it's usefull.

It would be great to put it somewhere, perhaps your ftp.n.o ftp space.
If you do that then I don't see the need to have the anita output, given
that it seems like work to preserve it.