Re: timekeeping regression?

At Sun, 18 Feb 2024 01:40:52 -0800, "Greg A. Woods" <woods%planix.ca@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: timekeeping regression?

> Still looking for a Round Tuit to do the investigation into why
> "clocksource=tsc" isn't taking effect, and it'll have to wait a couple
> more weeks now, so if anyone else beats me to it.....

I did some code-reading and added some printk's to the Xen kernel and
discovered the reason "clocksource=tsc" didn't work is because none of
my Xen machines have X86_FEATURE_TSC_RELIABLE, and when I faked it the
"warp" detection check invalidated it anyway.

I think I just discovered the difference between the "good" and "bad"
machines.  The "good" ones both still had "dom0_vcpus_pin=true".

I'll reboot the bad one with that added again soon and see how it does.

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>