Re: regarding the changes to kernel entropy gathering

On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 11:02:02PM +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:

> Lots of SoCs have on-board RNGs these days; there are Intel and ARM
> CPU instructions (no ARMv8.5 hardware yet that I know of, but we're
> ready for its RNG!); some crypto decelerators like tpm(4), ubsec(4),
> and hifn(4) have RNGs; and there are some dedicated RNG devices like
> ualea(4).

Can we actually use the TPM RNG from in-kernel?  Whether we should is a
different, interesting question, given how it is typically implemented.

--
 Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls%panix.com@localhost
  "Whether or not there's hope for change is not the question.  If you