Re: How to get xenconsole working on freeBSD-12 without burning up vnc ports or extra tty ports

	Hello Greg.   I saw that in 2019 you sent an e-mail asking about how to get FreeBSD-12 pvh
hosts talking over the xenconsole instead of the xc0 (vnc) port for their console and login
output.
You've probably figured out the answer to this question long ago, but I offer a solution which
I've just tested and I know works, in case it's useful for your Wiki page or for you
specifically.

1.  Set up your pvh host  as you normally would, I'm using FreeBSD-12 as dom0 on my current
setup, but I don't think that's relevant to this tutorial.

2.  Although I'm not sure it's needed, I include
serial = 'pty'
in my domain configuration file.

3.  On the root filesystem of the FreeBSD domu machine, edit /etc/ttys as follows:

Replace the line:
console none unknown  none secure
with
console "/usr/libexec/getty std.115200" unknown on local secure

	Now, when the domu boots, you can log into it using xl console domid and not fool around
with vncview or having to use extra ttys on the domu system.

Hope that helps.
-Brian