Re: multiple vcpus in a domain

On Mar 10, 13:56, Greg Troxel wrote:
}
} I wrote in the HOWTO that as of current NetBSD dom0 supports multiple
} CPUs, and want to check that this is right.
}
} I think:
}
}    8, 9, current XEN3_DOMU all can have multiple vcpus and use them and
}    this is basically working fine

     domU has been multiprocessor since 6.0.

}    8, 9 XEN3_DOM0 are not built with options MULTIPROCESSOR and if given
}    >1 vcpu will just ignore all but one

     This is likely not true.  I ran a test server with dom0
multiprocessor some time ago.

}    current XEN3_DOM0 is built with MULTIPROCESSOR, and detects and uses
}    multiple vcpus and everything is fine

     It will use multiple cpus, but I'm not certain that everything
is fine.  Last I knew, there was still some work to be done on
this, but I may be out of date here.  I would be very happy to be
wrong here, since single processor dom0 is likely to be a major
bottleneck.

} if that's not right, please  speak up.
}
} Also, if that is right, then it seems this should be closed:
}
}   http://gnats.netbsd.org/42441

     This PR was closed once then domU gained SMP, but was re-opened
due to dom0 not having SMP.  It should probably stay open for now
until we know for sure that dom0 SMP is fine.

}-- End of excerpt from Greg Troxel