rndseed= does not seem to work with Xen

I modified my boot.cfg line to

menu=Xen:load /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0.gz rndseed=/var/db/entropy-file console=pc;multiboot /xen.gz dom0_mem=4096M

but that did not change my boot-time dmesg.

The diff from GENERIC is basically:

-entropy: entering seed from bootloader with 256 bits of entropy
-entropy: ready
+entropy: WARNING: extracting entropy too early
+entropy: ready

so I am guessing the rndseed scheme has the bootloader read the file and
pass it in vs the kernel reading the file early.   I'll put a note in
the HOWTO that there ought to be a way to do this but it doesn't work,
unless someone can explain why that's wrong.