XSA-286, NetBSD and HVM mode

There has been a kerfluffle about XSA-286:

  https://xenbits.xen.org/xsa/advisory-286.html

which contains the mysterious

  Note that these patches are known to produce serious performence
  problems for at least some workloads.  Work is ongoing to improve the
  performance, and this XSA will be updated when new patches are
  available.

I am aware of one VPS provider saying that they aren't applying the
patches because of these performance problems.  I am also aware of
a VPS provider saying that "NetBSD does not work under HVM mode".

Looking at what's in the HOWTO (often edited by me, based on what I know
and what others tell me, and also edited by others), it says the NetBSD
domUs can be HVM, without any caveats.

It also says that PVHVM isn't supported, or PVH.

So I wonder if anyone can confirm/explain:

  They really are running HVM domU.

  They really are running HVM domU on a Xen VPS provider.

  Any idea why somebody would say it doesn't work?

  Anything else I should have asked?