Re: Illegal instruction errors under XEN3_DOM0 on -CURRENT

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 5:14 PM Dustin Marquess <dmarquess%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 3:40 AM Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 12:49:12AM -0500, Dustin Marquess wrote:
> > >
> [SNIP]
> >
> > These are all SSE2 or AVX instructions (hard to tell which variant
> > they are). Maybe Xen is failing to enable something here ?
> > What does 'cpuctl identify 0' tell in both the native and Xen case ?
> > Also please post the dmesg from Xen (xl dmesg) and NetBSD.
>
> Since init crashes, it takes the system down with it, so it's kind of
> hard to get the cpuctl under Xen, but I'll see what I can do.  I do
> know a slightly older Xen (4.10) does work under "that other OS".

I know this was an old issue, but I thought I'd just send an update.

Using a newer -current and xekernel413 (so 4.13), everything seems to
work fine now on my PC  Engines box.  I'm not sure if the fix was in
Xen or NetBSD, but either way, it works now!

-Dustin