Re: merge bouyer-xenpvh to HEAD

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 at 20:18, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 at 20:01, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 07:56:40PM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > > I'll try that in a moment; now I am getting
> > >
> > > panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "(pg->flags & PG_RDONLY) == 0 ||
> > > !blockalloc" failed: file ... genfs/genfs_io.c, line 408
> > > cpu0: Begin traceback...
> > > vpanic() at netbsd:vpanic+0x178
> > > kern_assert() at netbsd:kern_assert+0x48
> > > genfs_getpages() at netbsd:genfs_getpages+0xa9f
> > > VOP_GETPAGES() at netbsd:VOP_GETPAGES+0x6b
> > > uvn_get() at netbsd:uvn_get+0x57
> > > ubc_alloc_direct() at netbsd:ubc_alloc_direct+0x15b
> > > ubc_uiomove_direct() at netbsd:ubc_uiomove_direct+0x11d
> > > ubc_uiomove() at netbsd_uiomove+0x192
> > >
> > > when I try to login as non-root user only - local or over ssh, su from
> > > root to user works ok. Repeatable.
> >
> > I think it's a known issue. ubc_direct has been disabled again a few hours ago
>
> I think I saw that. My userland is 9.99.59 HEAD from 24th, the kernel
> is 9.99.59 from today's branch of yours; I guess is time to update.

I rebuilt from HEAD overnight, seeing that the merge has taken place.
No more panics as mentioned above, so things are looking good.

Obviously I still have to specify the root and swap devices on my GPT
installation, but this is not a problem - I will reinstall an MBR
system.

X also works, but I can't get the mouse to work yet.

--
----