Re: pvgrub? booting Linux DomU on NetBSD dom0

Jaromír Doleček wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to setup a Linux DomU under NetBSD Dom0 for some testing.

Booting via pygrub doesn't work for me (error something like 'can't
find partition').

The Xen wiki mentions pvgrub as alternative to the pygrub. I see there
is pv-grub binary in xentools48, but nothing in xentools411.

Anyone knows how to get it working? I found 2012 thread:

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2012/02/10/msg007138.html

Jaromir

I ended up doing this out of frustration because I just wanted to get docker running:

name = "docker"

memory = 2048
vcpus = 1

# Boot normally using pygrub (pvgrub)
#
# Note: debian is supposed to support Xen, but pygrub can't find its
# grub config. The bootloader_args and extra config here effectively
# overrides grub. It works, but annoys me that it isn't automatic.

bootloader = "/usr/pkg/bin/pygrub"
bootloader_args = [
        '--kernel=/vmlinuz',
        '--ramdisk=/initrd.img'
]

extra = "root=/dev/xvda1"

# bridge0 internal, bridge1 external
vif = [
        'mac=00:16:3E:00:07:09, bridge=bridge0',
        'mac=00:16:3E:00:08:09, bridge=bridge1'
]

disk = [
        'phy:/dev/vm/docker,hda,w',