xennet vs Windows checksum offload - help wanted

There's a long-established problem with xennet when speaking to a Windows guest on the same host (with XenServer/Citrix Hypervisor/XCP at least).

If both the NetBSD and Windows domUs are on the same host, the network keeps stalling and performance is horrible. If they are on separate hosts, everything is as it should be. Similarly, going to the Advanced settings on the NIC within Windows and disabling TCP Checksum offload will resolve the performance problems.

i.e. if the network traffic doesn't hit a physical NIC and is bridged within the host (yes, I know that XenServer uses openvswitch, not bridging by default now), checksums must be wrong when they get to Windows.

I can offer test VMs if anyone would like to work with me to fix this.

--
Stephen