Re: can't get guests other than netbsd working

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> writes:

[snip]

> In my experience recent linux distribution (or not so recent - e.g. RHEL 7)
> dropped plain PV Xen support, and relies on HVM.
>
> I've no problems with RHEL6 and loading either kernel/initrd from
> the Xen config file, or using pygrub.

I had zero trouble with Xen HVM and CentOS7 and ArchLinux.  Both
installed pretty much as you would expect according to the official
documented instructions provided by Cent and the Arch folks.

In fact, I installed FreeBSD, Dragonfly and Ubuntu in the same way
without any problem.  In an ironic twist, the only OS I tried that had
problems with HVM Xen was NetBSD 8ish..

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org