Re: Utility of PV on non-obsolete hardware

On Apr 4, 11:45am, Greg Troxel wrote:
} tg%gmplib.org@localhost (Torbjörn Granlund) writes:
} > Andreas Gustafsson <gson%gson.org@localhost> writes:
} >
} >   I hate to sound like a broken record about this, but as far as I'm
} >   concerned, as long as http://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/xen/howto/ doesn't
} >   document how to configure HVM, NetBSD does not support it.
} >
} > No support is required.  If it runs on hardware, it runs as a HVM guest.
}
} Somehow, you need to put something in the guest config file.  The point
} is that this is not documented.

     I have it in the back of my mind to look at and update the
howto.  However, what you put in the guest config file does not
depend on the Dom0 operating system.  The howto is not intended to
be an all-encompasing manual for Xen.  It is primarily a getting
started guide for the things that are specific to NetBSD, and HVM
support isn't specific to NetBSD.

}-- End of excerpt from Greg Troxel