Re: pygrub can't boot ubuntu

On 24/10/17 19:48, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> newer linux uses a newer grub, with a config file much more complicated
> (and nearly unparsable by humans). I guess the pygrub in Xen 4.6 can't
> parse it either.
>
> Maybe the pygrub in Xen 4.8 can read it, I didn't try ...

Don't think that's it.

If I extract the kernel and ramdisk out of the image and put them on the
Dom0 and then use the kernel/ramdisk/extra settings in the DomU's config
file (rather than bootloader) then the system boots.

If I then replace the grub.cfg with a simple one from an ArchLinux image
(that does work with pygrub) making the appropriate changes to the linux
and initrd lines and try again with the bootloader I get the same error

RuntimeError: Unable to find partition containing kernel

cheers
mark