Re: /dev/ksyms under Xen-4.7

On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 06:22:13AM -0400, Brian Marcotte wrote:
> > > I've done that and I'm still seeing the same issue, i386 PAE DomUs are not
> > > able to load the symbol table. Can you please explain how you did that
> > > revert?
>
> I started with the Xen 4.7.0 sources, security patches and downloaded
> the one file:
>
>     wget -O libelf-loader.c 'https://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=blob_plain;f=xen/common/libelf/libelf-loader.c;hb=598fbeb9c1bd7b32a3c435913a382911cd68319b'
>

> > # xl create -c netbsd.cfg
> > Parsing config from netbsd.cfg
> > [ Kernel symbol table invalid! ]
> >
> > http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/2016100 ...
>
> Ah, I see that NetBSD-current doesn't work for me either even with the
> reverted file.

Yes, I was testing it with current and was getting quite crazy trying to
figure out what was happening, switching to stable-7 solved this. I've CC'ed
you on the proposed fix [0], if you can please test it (and provide
feedback).

FWIW, I'm not planning to fix the issue in -current, so some NetBSD dev will
have to take care of it.

Roger.

[0] https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-10/msg00210.html