Re: Raspberry Pi 2, nfs mount hangs after some time

mayuresh%acm.org@localhost (Mayuresh) writes:

>#uname -a
>NetBSD pinetbsd 7.0_STABLE NetBSD 7.0_STABLE (RPI2.201510250040Z) evbarm

>I wanted to use pkgsrc on this device. So created an nfs share on a netbsd
>laptop and mounted it on pi.

>When running bootstrap, after a while the nfs mount got hung. The pkgsrc
>bootstrapping job hung, there was no cpu activity seen in top, cding to
>mounted directory hung.

I'm using NetBSD-current on the RPI2, also for pkgsrc, but haven't seen
any such hangups.

But I also:
- do not bootstrap pkgsrc on NetBSD.
- have WKROBJDIR and PACKAGES on a local USB disk.

>I tried mounting an NFS share from Linux, though got "RPC Program not
>registered error". Not sure why.

You can use 'rpcinfo -p $NFSSERVER' to see what RPC services are running.
This should be 'portmapper', 'mountd' and 'nfs', maybe also 'nlockmgr'
and 'status'.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost