Re: NetBSD v70/amd64 and XEN v45 troubles

On Oct 16, 2015 1:57 PM, "Tobias Nygren" <tnn%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> The uvm_fault comes from the system dropping into the kernel debugger
> or the root device prompt, attempting to read keyboard input from pckbc
> which for some reason does not work with xen dom0 pre multi user,
> generating a fault within ddb. To capture the actual error message,
> build a kernel with this config:
>
> include "arch/amd64/conf/XEN3_DOM0"
> no pckbc* at acpi?
> no pckbc0 at isa?
> no agp* at pchb? # XXX i810 bug?
> no options DDB_COMMANDONENTER
> options DDB_COMMANDONENTER="bt"
> options DEBUG
> options DIAGNOSTIC
> no config netbsd
> config netbsd root on wd0a type ffs # adjust as appropriate
>
> -Tobias

Thank you, it works, sort of!

I was able to build and boot a kernel with the above configuration,
but it left me without a working (PS2) keyboard. I was able to get
back keyboard control by attaching a USB-keyboard, but this is a
bit awkward, mostly because I don't have room for the keyboard on my
desk. (This must be the price to pay to use the newest technology
:-)

Anyway, now I can run NetBSD v7.0/XEN v4.5. Thanks a lot!

And now something completely different:

Is there a problem with the netbsd.org mail server?

This mail bounced this morning and I am now trying to send it via
the Google mail web interface.

I am not sure if it is my standard mail relay server, my own server
or something else which is the problem. The bounce message this
morning was:

>   tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost
>     SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost>:
>     host mail.netbsd.org [149.20.53.66]: 421 4.7.0 mail.netbsd.org Error:
>     too many errors: retry timeout exceeded
>   port-xen%NetBSD.org@localhost
>     SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<port-xen%NetBSD.org@localhost>:
>     host mail.netbsd.org [149.20.53.66]: 450 4.7.1 <port-xen%NetBSD.org@localhost>:
>     Recipient address rejected: Greylisting in action, please try later:
>     retry timeout exceeded

and when I tried to vrfy port-xen%netbsd.org@localhost a few minutes ago,
I was told my helo-server (gmail.com) was blacklisted (Then again,
mail-address verification is probably not allowed).

Kind regards
  Ib-Michael
--
Email: i(dot)m(dot)martinsen(at)gmail(dot)com
Running NetBSD/amd64 v6.1.5