Re: Perception of slowness with xen after upgrading to 7.0

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 06:28:06PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > As 2 things changed simultaneously, Upgrade to 7.x and downgrade to
> > xentools/kernel 4.1, I am not sure whether either of them would have
> > caused this. (In theory, could be a graphics issue, but unlikely since
> > with generic 7.0 kernel I don't see above issue.)
>
> I guess that under 6.x you were running the Intel X11 driver.
> Under 7.0 you're probably using the VESA driver as there's no KMS support
> for Xen yet. This probably explains why it feels slower.

I can confirm that on 7.0 GENERIC Intel X11 is in use and on XEN DOM0 it
is vesa. Do not recollect whether 6.x XEN DOM0 was using Intel, but
probably it must be so by what you explain.

Thanks for the clarification.

Is KMS and ability to use intel available in current or planned?

Mayuresh