Re: NetBSD and Windows Azure

Azure is running Hyper-V with hardware virtualization; however, the network device presented is only the paravirtualized variety.  I've booted an OpenBSD VM but could not access it due to lack of network driver support.

The same will be true for NetBSD.  The good news is that FreeBSD 10 and later support Hyper-V with paravirtualized drivers.  It might be possible to port them to NetBSD but I have not looked into the level of effort required.

-Brian