Re: X11 dom0 on xen?

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 03:49:41PM +0000, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Looking in the archives I see there were some problems with netbsd
> current as dom0 on xen.  I'm wondering if there was any success in
> figuring this out  - I suspect I might have the same problem on my
> laptop:
>
> - during boot console isn't switched to 720p text mode
> - X11 starts but all I see is the laptop's POST screen

So I've been running Xen on the desktop for a while.  It's been stable
on my Thinkpad, but likes to "randomly" seize up on my Dell at work.
Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of throwing myself at the
debugger and just reboot.  Often back into straight NetBSD.

Anyway.  Try reducing your dom0 memory size to 2GB or fewer.  X11 is
terribly upset if you don't do that:

 menu=Boot Xen:load /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0 bootdev=wd0a console=pc;multiboot /usr/pkg/xen42-kernel/xen.gz dom0_mem=2000M,max:2000M

Horray for signed 32-bit integers.

--