Re: NetBSD - Remus.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Manuel Bouyer
<bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 03:30:25PM +0000, Adiel wrote:
>> Hi again.
>> Nice to meet all you.
>> Even if other distros like Debian with Openstack for example will be
>> promising in Virtualization world.
>> I still prefer work with NetBSD, because of things like stability,
>> performance and simplicity.
>> I am very interested in NetBSD with Remus.
>
> What is remus ?
>
>> Is the project mature/stable, where can I search for documentation?
>
> If you mean NetBSD/Xen, there is some documentation here:
> http://www.fr.netbsd.org/ports/xen/howto.html
>
> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
>      NetBSD: 26 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference
> --

I think he means this:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Remus

<quote>
Remus provides transparent high availability to ordinary virtual
machines running on Xen. It does this by continually live migrating a
copy of a running VM to a backup server, which automatically activates
if the primary server fails. Key features:

The backup VM is an exact copy of the primary VM
(disk/memory/network). When failure occurs, the VM continues running
on the backup host as if failure had never occurred.
The backup is completely up-to-date: even active TCP sessions are
maintained without interruption.
Protection is transparent: existing guests can be protected without
modifying them in any way.

</quote>