Re: How to get SMP for xen dom0?

Dear Manuel,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 04:19:13PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:09:53PM +0000, Markus Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I was wondering what stands in the way of/what work has to be done to get
> > SMP
> > in xen dom0. The most recent messages I read about this just say that it's
> > not
> > supported yet.
>
> The main work is in backend drivers, which are not SMP-safe.
> There also may be some issues with xenbus.

Is there any ongoing work on that? Any way I could contribute to make it
happen? (As in code, money or praying to some deity of someone's choice)

I am really happy with netbsd as xen dom0 at the moment, and I will also just
go along with "just" having a single core dom0 for the time being, but having
SMP dom0 (well, and maybe zfs at some point).

Cheers,

        Markus
--
Markus Pfeiffer, University Manchester