PCI pass-through of NIC to PV DomU... worth it?

Either my Google-fu is weak or nobody has actually asked this in the open before...

Is it worth it to try and use PCI pass-through to give a NIC to a PV DomU? I'm setting up a DomU firewall/router. I want the latency to be as low as possible.

I need to know which is faster: the PV network interface or passing the NIC? I don't have VT-d support, but the server is a dual quad-core Xeon setup, so I shouldn't be short on compute cycles. My gut is telling me that there wouldn't be any tangible difference, but I want to hear what the experts think.

Thanks for any insights.

-d