Re: Xen 4 DOM0 with -current i386/amd64 rejects kernel?

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 02:43:39PM -0600, John D. Baker wrote:

I think this is the problem:  /netbsd-XEN should be the first module
to be loaded. xen.gz will use the first module as dom0 kernel.
I'm not sure entropy-file will work with a Xen dom0 kernel (this is
new, I've not had time to play with it yet).

menu=Boot Xen w/512MB dom0, single-user (serial):rndseed
/stand/db/entropy-file;load /netbsd-XEN console=com0 -s;multiboot /xen.gz
dom0_mem=512M console=com1 com1=9600,8n1

Maybe try to put the rndseed entry after the load entry ?

I've made this change.  It loads the kernel first and then the entropy
file.  Boot log at:

  http://bobdbob.com/~jdbaker/nbsd-debug/boot-squash-XEN4-almost.txt

It now loads and starts the dom0 kernel.  Looks like ACPIVERBOSE is
compiled in.  It gets down to enumerating USB hubs and seems to be stuck
there, or at least produces no further output (expecting the 'Enter path
to command interpreter or return for "sh"' message).

I pressed the power switch.  Seems Xen only stops the dom0 kernel, but
doesn't power the hardware off.  So I held it down and rebooted a normal
kernel.  Now rebuilding following the latest updates.  I'll try again
when done--with and without the "rndseed" command.

That's progress, at least.