NetBSD DomU in Xen 4 challenges

I'm running Debian 6.0 (Squeeze) Dom0 on a dual-Xeon machine (4 cores
total, VT-x).  Xen is version 4.0.  I'm running NetBSD 5.1 in a DomU.

First, I had the NetBSD/Xen4 ethernet problem.  I couldn't get any
network connectivity whatsoever.  Installing the netbsd-XEN3_DOMU kernel
from -current (I'm at 5.99.55) fixed it.  Traces of this issue can be
found all over the 'net if you google for it, usually without
explanation or workarounds being found.  This should REALLY be added to
the NetBSD Xen FAQ.

Next, I am unable to use more than one vcpu in PV mode.  I haven't tried
HVM mode because I'd prefer PV for NetBSD.  I found something that
proposed a (SoC?) project for adding this capability, so I assume that
I'm observing a feature and not a bug.  My question is, has there been
any progress towards supporting this?  What is the current state of
multi-proc on DomU?  This is something that really surprised me, because
I thought that NetBSD offered full Xen support.

thanks,
-d