Re: dozens of VMs ?

Hi,

On Jun 22, 2011, at 12:31 , Hugo Silva wrote:

> For an upcoming project I am expecting to run 10-15 VMs and some 6
> bridges on a NetBSD dom0.
>
> Is anyone running a similar setup? Any gotchas to be aware of?

I run 20-30 VMs across 10+ VLANs on the same switch regularly. Works like a
charm, although it is obviously very much dependent on work load. Having 20+
VMs all compiling at the same time tends to stress the IO capacity of the
system (although I stripe the VMs across 5 SSDs to push that issue as far away
as possible).

I've tested converting the VLANs to individual switches and don't remember any
performance issues with that.

Regards,

Johan