Re: PCI passthru with Xen 3.0, NetBSD 5.1 dom0, Linux domU

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 02:08:09PM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > Is the interrupt used by this card shared with other devices driven by
> > the dom0 ? If so, I guess this could explain it: the adapter generates
> > an interrupt, and as the domU is not running anymore nothing is there to
>
> Hmm, most of the time the guest is pretty good at actually disabling
> the device.

Yes, if the guest has a chance to shutdown. a 'xm destroy' will leave
the device fully enabled.

> Could it be that the PCI backend in NetBSD not doing the right
> cleanup?

there isn't much that can be done at the backend level. Disabling a device
is usually a device-specific thing which can only be done by the
device's driver. A generic driver like pciback can't do much ...