Re: arc4 and xen domU kernel

> It's a different problem, but, it's not going to work without fixing
> the issue from PR 42390.  If you're not already aware of it, you likely
> want to check that out.  Based on my own experience, it seems the fix
> didn't get pulled up in time to make it into 5.1 - are you using the
> current state of netbsd-5, or a release?

I'm using current state of netbsd-5, because I've read in the tech-net
mailing list archives about your experience and the fact that it had been
fixed in netbsd-5. It was a 5.1 stable before, so i recompiled and upgraded.

> It's an ugly kludge, but, you could just drop the arc4 attribute onto
> some unrelated file in one of your `files' files and rebuild your
> kernel.  After all, config(8) doesn't know or care whether a file
> actually depends on the attributes it's declared to require; it just
> cares about the declarations.

Interesting. Maybe I could try that :)

> (This is quite independent of the questions others have raised about
> whether it will work in a domU kernel at all.  I'm not competent to
> comment on those.)

I will investigate. Anyway, the domU is just a test machine. The production
one will be a "normal" NetBSD (embedded) machine, so no problems
like that.

Stefano