Re: ec2 amis

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 22:04:12 -0500, Jan Schaumann <jschauma%netmeister.org@localhost> wrote:
Hello,

I've been looking at http://wiki.netbsd.org/amazon_ec2/ and I noticed
that the different AMIs referenced there do not seem to be present
anymore - should they be? If not, can we remove them from the wiki or
replace them with ones that are still available?

I will upload the 5.1 ones in a few hours, for all regions.

I removed the original one for security purposes: the file permissions were incorrectly set for the base set (my mistake, -p was left out).

It was caught after the daily security runs, and fixing them, along with the risk of having a dangling AMI with dubious security properties, led to its "urgent" removal.

Please consider that it's still a WIP, until I make a ready-to-go announcement on port-xen@ and blog.

Cheers,

--
Jean-Yves Migeon