Re: No Intel Speedstep in 5.1_STABLE ?

On 25.01.2011 23:10, Joel Carnat wrote:
> I also get:
> # sysctl machdep
>
> machdep.tsc_freq = 0
> machdep.idle-mechanism = xen
> machdep.sleep_state = 0
> machdep.est.frequency.target = 1000
> machdep.est.frequency.current = 1000
> machdep.est.frequency.available = 2167 2000 1833 1667 1500 1333 1167 1000
> machdep.xen_timepush_ticks = 5303
>
> Any reasons why the source changes haven't been applied to this branch ?

Because it is more or less a hack; I never felt right dealing with power
management in dom0, because it misses critical information from
hypervisor (of notable importance: domain scheduling), which is bad(c).

So I did not ask for a pull-up, just to leave time for the dust to
settle. Besides, power management will now be done through acpicpu(4),
and speedstep/powernow are likely to be commented out for the upcoming -6.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost