Re: dom0 Network issues

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 14:26:07 -0600, Prudhvi Surapaneni <prudhvi-netbsd-lists%surapaneni.in@localhost> wrote:
Hi,

I am running NetBSD 5.1 amd64 dom0 and i noticed some problems with
the network.
I am running re0 and bridge0 interfaces on the machine. Whenever i boot dom0
it takes nearly 10 minutes for the network to be active. I can-not
ping or ssh into dom0.
Is this common?

No

Note: I never had this problem when running a non xen enabled kernels.

Without further information (network configuration), I would say that the bridge setup with re0 is the culprit. You probably have conflicting MAC addresses on your LAN, and the thing settles down by itself after arp/route cache expiration.

Does it also happen when you turn dom0 as a L3 gateway (using "script=vif-ip")?

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost