Re: xennet0 not connected

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:16:49 +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon
<jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost> wrote:
> If you turn off the domU of vif14 (or remove vif14 from the bridge),
> does it change anything?

nope, so I also guess the vifs having HWaddr fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff is just
normal

> When pinging, do you see any activity regarding xennet event channel?
> vmstat -i will show that.

when pinging from the netbsd domU, only vcpu0 clock increases,

interrupt                                     total     rate
vcpu0 xencons                                   502        2
vcpu0 clock                                   30074      151
vcpu0 xenbus                                    232        1
vcpu0 xbd0                                     1149        5
Total                                         31957      161

interrupt                                     total     rate
vcpu0 xencons                                   559        2
vcpu0 clock                                   33385      152
vcpu0 xenbus                                    232        1
vcpu0 xbd0                                     1162        5
Total                                         35338      161

I tryed with xen/master git repo instead of xen/next.  Absolutely no
change: netbsd domU network doesn't work, while rhel5's network works
(2.6.18, also older than the more recent dom0, namely master:2.6.31.14 and
next:2.6.32).

Thanks
//Pierre-Philipp