Re: Compile Custom Kernel

On 03.06.2010 23:22, Net Warrior wrote:
Hi There Guys.

I noted that there are only config files related only to XENDOMU, but
not to XENDOM0, is that on porpuse or is there a speficic  way to
compile my custom XENDOM0 kernel? or should I include the XENDOMU in
my custom kernel config file?

Thanks for your time and support.
Regards.

You probably have an incomplete checkout then, you should have XEN3_DOM0 (and XEN3PAE_DOM0 for i386) files in addition to their domU counterparts in src/sys/arch/i386,amd64/conf/.

Where did you get src from?

To compile a custom dom0 kernel, copy one of these files in conf, then run a build.sh at src root:

$ cd /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf
$ cp XEN3PAE_DOM0 MY_CUSTOM_KERNEL
$ cd /usr/src && ./build.sh kernel=MY_CUSTOM_KERNEL

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost